Elder Millenial. Parent. Neurodivergent. Queer. Child of the Old Web. Former Weeaboo. Nostalgia Enthusiast. Movie Junkie. Table Top Dabbler. Professional Couch Potato.|
BIRTHDAY: May 9 (38)
PROFESSION: medical device assembly
HOBBIES: movies, tv, video games, procrastinating
Color: purple, black, blue, green
Food: chinese, pasta, bread, potatoes, strawberries, ice cream, french fries, Azzip's March Crabness pizza
Drinks: Barq's root beer, honeydew milk tea with brown sugar boba, Dr. Pepper & Cream Soda, Java Monster Loca Moca, A&W Cream Soda
Animals: cats, big cats, dogs, hamsters, gerbils, mice, deer, raccoons, bats
Movies: The Fall, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Leon: the Professional, Push, Man on Fire, Book of Eli, The Triplets of Belleville, Zombieland
TV Shows: Firefly, Emerald City, the Last of Us, the Legend of Vox Machina, Bob's Burgers, Gargoyles, the Rookie
Anime: Nana, Sailor Moon, Cowboy Bebop, Witch Hunter Robin
Manga: Nana, Sailor Moon, MARS, Peach Girl
Graphic Novels: Strangers in Paradise, Fables, Sandman, Saga
Books: American Gods by Neil Gaiman, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli, the Tortall series by Tamora Pierce
Youtube Channels: Critical Role, Mann Shorts, Phillip DeFranco, Charlotte Dobre, Amanda the Jedi
Music: metal, rock, alternative, alternative folk, folk rock, pop rock, grunge
Podcasts: Critical Role, We're Alive, QCode
Games: the Sims, Stardew Valley, Harvest Moon, Coral Island, Fallout, Skyrim
Other: goth aesthetic, cottagecore aesthetic, kawaii aesthetic
1. I'm right-handed.
2. I have a kid that's very nearly a teenager. e.e;
3. I'm distantly and indirectly related to two US Presidents. (And possibly Lady Godiva)
4. I played clarinet in middle and high school band. (Where I met my daughter's father...)
5. I've never broken a bone.
6. I have diagnosed despression and anxiety and undiagnosed ADHD.
7. I also have PCOS and GERD. It's fun...
8. I played the same copy of Fallout: New Vegas until the disk started to disintegrate. I still have the disk.
9. I made my first personal website way back in 2001 in my freshman year of high school.
10. My favorite/lucky number is 5.
11. I was unofficially married to a guy I met in high school for nearly 10 years (with a child) before he cheated on me with a woman older than his own parents that he had secretly been legally married to for four months before breaking up with me...
12. I get a strange sort of enjoyment from telling people about my ex and his grannywife because the looks on their faces is priceless.
13. I didn't get my driver's license until I was 25.
14. I have a tiny amount of Synesthesia that connects a few specific colors to numbers and a couple letters. 5 is red, S, and R. 4 is blue. 3 is green.
15. My current partner has the same name as my ex... It was a very common baby name in the early 80's.
16. I met my current partner at my previous job a few years ago (2020). He started a few months after I did and we often worked in the same room and once he mentioned D&D I knew I had to get to know him. We bonded pretty quickly and several coworkers started asking if we were dating but we weren't (at the time). I have a rule to never date a coworker and I wasn't really in a good place for something serious anyway. Later I found out he'd had a crush on me before we even spoke. We saw me in the cafeteria one of the first days he was there and decided he had to talk to me and then was pleasantly surprised when we ended up in the same room but he never made a pass or tried to ask me out because he's a gentleman and already knew where I stood based on past conversations. A month or so after I quit he texted to ask me out since we were no longer working together (but still hanging out every few weeks for D&D and I'd gotten into the habit of calling him nearly every day after work, mostly to bitch about whatever terrible book I was listening to). I said no and he accepted that and we carried on as we were. The topic never came back up but we were still good friends until one night a year later after gaming, as he was leaving he gave me a big strong hug and something clicked at that moment and I knew I wanted more of that in my life. More of him. So I dwelled on it over the weekend, did some soul searching to see if that was what I really want and if I thought it would work. On Monday I called him after work, like I usually did, and I asked him if his question from a year ago was still on the table. He said yes and that's how we started dating. It's almost a year now since we made things official and he moved in with me and my daughter and it's like he's been here a lot longer than that. He treats me so much better than my ex ever did, puts in far more than the bare minimum, and he adores my daughter as if she were his own. And my daughter likes him too. I think he's ok. ;D